St. Francis of Assisi Parish, Gates Mills, is seeking a full-time Director of Music Ministry. Responsibilities include:
- Fostering full, conscious and active participation by the congregation and members of the music ministry, and working to increase congregational singing
- Recruiting, educating, training, and encouraging members of the music ministry, including planning/hosting Music Ministry Retreats and cantor training/workshops
- Providing music at all weekend liturgies including Saturday at 4:30pm and Sunday at 8:00am, 10:00am and 12:00pm
- Overseeing the scheduling of musicians for the Sunday 6:00pm Mass
- Planning music for all liturgies and other parish programs
- Directing the choir at the 10:00am Mass and rehearsing on Thursday evenings
- Coordinating cantors, instrumentalists, accompanists
- Providing music for all Holy Day and Holiday liturgies, including: Christmas Eve/Day, New Year’s Eve/Day, Ash Wednesday, Holy Week/Easter, July 4, Feast of the Assumption, Labor Day, Memorial Day, All Saints Day, Mass of Remembrance, Thanksgiving, Immaculate Conception, and seasonal Penance Services
- Coordinating music for Weddings and Funerals (additional compensation)
- Working with the DRE on special liturgies and programs for First Reconciliation, First Holy Communion, Confirmation, PSR liturgies, Jesus Day, RCIA and other events.
- Overseeing all music programs including working with the music teacher/director of children’s choir, and providing music and guidance for some school events, programs, and liturgies, including VBS and school Nativity/Passion programs
- Being a part of the Parish Staff and attending bi-weekly staff meetings, district meetings, staff events and other events/committees
- Being present at parish events including talks, programs, the parish festival, the Gala, and other school functions
- Attending NPM Chapter events and NPM National Convention
- Select and purchase music and worship resources and assist in the development and monitoring of an annual budget for music ministry.
Cooperate with the Pastor and Parish Staff by performing any other duties when asked to do so.
To apply, please send your resume to: Fr. Steve Flynn, Pastor, at email@example.com