High School Parish Youth Minister
St. Francis of Assisi Parish in Gates Mills, Ohio, is seeking a faith-filled, joyful, highly-motivated, full-time high school youth minister to “love” our teens into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. The High School Youth Minister is responsible for overseeing all aspects of high school youth ministry at a dynamic parish serving 2,100 families by implementation of a parish youth ministry program.
Why St. Francis of Assisi?
- Best patron saint ever!
- Enthusiastic pastor and supportive staff
- Strong school and PSR programs through 8th grade
- Building youth ministry is a primary focus of 2017 parish strategic plan
- Youth focused Mass
- Core team support
- Opportunity to build a program from the ground up
- Involved parental support
- Serve on pastoral staff and integrate youth ministry into parish life
- Create a Eucharistic and Marian centered youth program
- Be a relational minister who goes out to meet teens where they are
- Integrate youth ministry as an essential part of the parish and not an entity in itself
- Ongoing recruitment, training, supervision, support, and inspire Core Team and other volunteers (e.g. tech support, life support)
- Plan, implement, and evaluate weekly events in line with the USCCB and Diocese of Cleveland catechetical norms
- Create opportunities/programs for parents of high school youth throughout the year
- Work together with core members in providing a retreat program for the teens
- Collaboration with youth groups in the region for retreats
- Plan and implement ways other than the life nights for continued growth, e.g. bible study, book discussion, other mid-week prayer, or learning opportunities for teens
- Assist in aspects of youth Mass
- Collaborate with Life Teen Band leader in planning Sunday Liturgy
- Invite and train teens for Liturgical ministries
- Promote and publicize youth ministry through social media, the parish website, parish newsletter, Sunday bulletin, and digital signage
- Supervise and implement youth ministry budget along with the pastor of the parish.
- Work with day school and PSR to help eighth graders transition into high school youth ministry, i.e. Confirmation preparation in seventh and eighth grade
- Serve as Group Leader for annual conferences, i.e. Steubenville Summer Youth Conference, ND Vision, LTLC, CYSC, Camps
- Provide opportunities for teens to grow in faith and community during the summer
- Promote teen leadership
- Develop and support youth ministry fundraisers for events and programs
- Stays spiritually healthy through drawing strength from the Eucharist, makes an annual retreat and attends youth ministry gatherings, continuing education – attend ongoing training to stay current on youth ministry best practices.
- Explore possibilities of working in conjunction with neighboring parishes
- Build and maintain a spirit of service through consistent service opportunities for high school youth in conjunction with the parish community
- Other duties as assigned by the pastor
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is necessary in a field related to youth and/or theology
The candidate must pass background screening and Diocese of Cleveland Virtus training
Salary is commensurate with experience
Position is available as soon as July 1st
Send resume to the Pastor at email@example.com