The purpose of this policy is to govern the use of photographs, videos and other personal information that may be used in promoting the activities of the church. It is not intended to cover media or information that is being used to report news, or is being used strictly within the church.
We have several basic groups of people that might be listed or referred to: pastors/staff; adult members; and youth. Information of concern includes names, email addresses, phone numbers and photos. Home addresses are never posted.
- For pastors/staff, we list names, email addresses (office emails), and office phone numbers. No home phone numbers, home addresses, or mobile phone numbers are listed. It is important that people be able to contact the staff and that access is all through the office.
- For adult members, we often list names when they are a contact for some group or activity that we are featuring on the website. We do not list email addresses unless they have specifically given permission. We do not list phone numbers unless they have specifically given permission. It is assumed that other members have the church directory or can call the office for phone numbers.
- For youth and children, we do not list names, first or last. We also do not list addresses, email addresses or phone numbers. Photo captions do not include their names. This is for their own protection.
Mass and other church-related activites may be photographed or videotaped and used in print publications or on the St. Francis of Assisi website. If you appear in a photo or video, on materials or on the website and you would rather it not appear, please let us know and it will be removed.
When using photos or video of St. Francis of Assisi events, attendees or members - either directly on the website or in our photo albums - we use the following guidelines:
- We try not to post anything that would be embarrassing, objectionable or hurtful to anyone in the photo. If we know someone is shy about such things, we ask them before posting the photo.
- We don't put names as captions with photos (except for pastors/staff or other members who have given expressed written consent)
- We will gladly provide credit for who took a particular photo if desired by the photographer, and we would certainly honor any copyright wishes or restrictions.